Monday, June 13, 2011

Display Album using Sophia

My great Aunt Joyce recently celebrated her 85th birthday with a party given by her family.  Even though she asked for no gifts, I could not resist making her a My Creations Display Album (Z1054) to showcase all of her beautiful pictures.  The album has chipboard covers and 12  6x6 page protectors. It looks like this (right) before it is decorated.
I love the colors of Hollyhock and Pear together in the Sophia paper pack (X7131B) and the new Pink Collections ribbon (Z1384) is a perfect match! Here is what the finished album looks like:


Here is a close up of her initials JB on the big Just Blooms Paper Flower daisy (Z1266). The letters are from the Eclectic Alphabet Irresistibles (Z1395) and I colored both the letters and daisy with Pear. The letters have a resist pattern on them that resists the ink color.  The resist adds a lot of texture to the letters, don't you agree?  I also used a few Summer Posies (Z822) and Pink Sparkles (Z1326) scattered throughout for some added bling.  Did you notice my custom Sophia brad in the center of the flower? It was made using the i-top Brad Maker (love this tool!).  


I used a Foundry Bookplate (Z1147) to highlight the Celebrate the Occasion stamp to which I added some Glitz Glitter gel (Z1313) and more pink sparkles.  It isn't often I get to do a "girly" layout since I have a son so when I get the chance I take full advantage!  ;) 

I kept the back very simple, just adding a Made with Love (D1387) stamp and another small flower.  Tied a bunch of coordinating organdy ribbons to the top to finish it off.  How cute is that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment