Thursday, June 9, 2011

End of the School Year

Today was my son Joshua's last day of Pre-K-3. The class had a party and Joshua gave each of his teachers a small handmade gift. Joshua enjoyed Pre-K-3 this year and is especially happy to know that he will have his two favorite teachers again next year in the 4 year old program.
I made Miss Michele a box of goodies using this clear partitioned storage container (KRUS jar with lid) from IKEA.

It has a clip on lid and I just love them so much I am going to go buy more!
I decorated the outside in one of our retired but totally appropriate CTMH paper packs called School Zone and used our beautiful Just Blooms Paper Flowers (Z1266) and new FanFare Level 2 Assortment brads (Z1400). I also used the retired organza ribbon that I just love and the new Red (ZZ1369), Blue (Z1371) and Green buttons (Z1372) with Colonial White Waxy Flax (Z1081) to look like thread. I wanted to stay with the primary colors and this paper and embellishments worked out perfect! This is the finished outside:

I filled the container with some necessary items that every teacher must have! Here is a pic of the inside.

For the teacher's assistant Miss Maureen I made a customized My Creations Journal (Z1268) using the same School Zone paper pack and the coordinating My Stickese. I added some organza ribbon to the sides and some buttons on the top.
Here is the finished journal:

Both of these projects came together pretty quickly and that was good because I am also hard at work on the "roomie gifts" for Convention which is in a few weeks. I am leaving on June 27th and so those need to get done before I leave! For now I will leave you with this tip:
Did you know that you can ink the Bliss Level 2 Assortment metal flowers!!! HINT HINT!!!
And also Did you know that purple hair is very cool!!! (I am definitely getting into the Jasmine spirit!!!!)
34 Days to Convention!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment